Saturday, April 4, 2009

Emerald City Comic Con 2009

I DO IT FOR THE BABES.

I won't bog you down with a million pictures of the day's many costumes. If you truly give a shit about pics, you can Google them and I'm sure there will be a few websites showing you the good and bad of the bunch.

The first thing I noticed is that they had changed the venue from the Seattle Seahawk's stadium to the Convention Center which has a whole bunch more space. I also realized that when I went to the con back in 2004, pre-military mind you, 2004 was the second annual. There are a whole fuck load more people, but the plus side to the increase of douche bags at conventions is the increase of exposure for sweet panels.

Good god, pure fanboys fucking smell like a pile of dookie forgot to put on its deoderant and after-shave. Next topic.

I was not as excited as I expected to be, honestly. I guess since I download frigging everything, buying stuff to get signed became moot to me. With that being said, though, I had a fucking blast. There is nothing like seeing independant artists as well as large companies share the same space and not act like they are snobby when you tell them that you appreciate their art. I had saw Matt Fraction (Casanova) and Jason Aaron (Scalped), but I didn't get anything signed. I can no longer justify purchasing a single issue just to get a signature. Now, if I could find a full trade of Casanova or something, then that would be cool. If I am gonna buy a comic, it had better be long enough so that I can't finish it in one sitting on the shitter.

Me and my friend had got in line for Bruce Timm as soon as we got there. My buddy was totally stoked to catch him since there is a whole story about how 15 years ago, he missed a prime opportunity to meet him. Bruce was doing requested sketches and was a pretty cool guy.

There was some other cool stuff, too.


I saw a kid with a balloon animal of Spider-Man and I totally wanted to take a picture of the booth. I didn't find it until roughly the end of our time at the con. They had some really neat shit, though, like Batman, Ash, and some other things that looked like, well, comic related things, I think. By the way, that picture up top is a bad ass balloon Donatello.


One of two things are going on at this next pic. Either:
(a) They are all going through hypoglycemia and are awaiting for the guy in the Chester Cheetah costume to replenish their life force
or,
(b) They are waiting for their mothers to pick them up.

Of course, I had to get me a sweet t-shirt. I had found a neato shirt, but neato is such an understatement. Check it out...
Please, folks! Do not be mesmerized by the plastic Flash ring and light up Wonder Woman tiara! Look closer at the shirt!
Holy fucking shit, that is a blue bear weilding two revolvers ready to rock. Man, if this is Dodge, you need to get the hell out of it. There ain't nothing else cooler than this unless it's a bear holding a guitar case that shoots rockets like in Desperado.

That, my friends, is Emerald City Comic Con 2009 in a nutshell. Hope to see you next year! Or tomorrow, so that you can continue to read my blogs...

1 comment:

  1. haha. you are my morning coffee read. that shirt is awesome. you also look like you are getting in shape. I have to apoligize, I thought you were lying about doing crossfit. hahaha

    ReplyDelete