Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jack of Fables

Now that I'm caught up with The Punisher, I'm on to catching up with Jack of Fables. Fables is a phenomenal comic written by Bill Willingham about fairy tale characters living in the real (Mundy) world. Jack of Fables is a spin-off of that book. Jack is the guy from Jack and the Beanstalk, Jack Frost, Jack O'Lantern, and many others. He is a fucking scheming prick that gets out of every shitty mishap that he gets into. He also has a great post-coital way with the babes:

Jack is probably my favorite vulgar character, with a close second being Pinnochio.


Currently, there is a Fables crossover involving Jack of Fables, Fables, and a new book called The Literals. I am trying to fly through the Jack books so I can catch up. It's a blast, though, because it has a shitload of B-List fairy tales and characters from nursery rhymes. Great stuff, folks.

Remember Colchester
, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment